Gradevinski fakultet Sveučilišta u Zagrebu, Posljediplomski znanstveni studij gradevinarstva, 2002/2003
Themes for seminar projects at S-2536 "Informacijski sustavi u graditeljstvu"
The results of this work are articles - 10 pages, with pictures, single spaced 10pt font and a presentations (up to 10-12 slides).
- Goal: Learn how to design an IT strategy for a company.
- Description: Write an extended outline for an IT strategy for a company in which you work. It should include the following elements: Analysis of current business processes, Re-engineering of business processes, Development or purchase of the necessary technical solutions, “Selling” the strategy to the employees, training, Implementation
- Literature: Lecture on IT Strategies, Construction IT digital library.
Survey of P2P Collaboration Tools
- Goal: Do a little research on the next generation collaboration tools.How are they different?
- Description: Current internet collaboration used Web based, client server solutions (e.g. Buzzsaw, Citadon, ProjectWeb etc). A new generation is entering the market - most popular example is Groove. Explore the Web, write an article that concludes with a comparative SWOT analysis.
- Literature: Explore the Internet to find more like Groove (e.g. http://www.vrtprj.com/ and http://www.extranets.cc/)
Legal issues in ICT in construction
- Goal: Learn about legal implications of the use of information and communication technologies in construction.
- Description: Legal infrastructures (e.g. national building laws) were conceived at times where construction documentation was on paper. Study the national legislation and report what provisions (if any) are there for electronic documentation and communication. Study the results of the ToCEE and eLegal projects on the matter.
- Literature: Construction IT digital library, ToCEE and eLegal projects.
Pre IT-Barometer study for Croatia
- Goal: Do a pre-study for an IT-Barometer study of the Croatian construction industry and gain experience that would allow to repeat this study at a larger scale.
- Description: Translate and customize the survey, conduct the survey with 15-20 companies, collate initial results, comment the survey questions.
- Literature: IT barometer papers at the ITcon Journal site.
Process modeling vs. Scheduling
- Goal: To develop understanding between the differences of process modeling and scheduling and how one can benefit from the other.
- Description: Scheduling with Primavera, MS Project etc. is a well established practice. Process modeling with IDEF0 and other project modeling tools is not. The paper should explore the differences between the two.
- Literature: IDEF0 related slides, Construction IT digital library.
Platforms for tools and services delivery
- Goal: Conduct a web/literature study on how construction software and services will be distributed in the future.
- Description: Today, most construction software is distributed "in a box" and services (e.g. directories) are Web based. In the future it may be expected that construction software will be available through other channels, information as well. How?
- Literature: Web, (e.g. http://www.vrtprj.com/ and http://www.extranets.cc/), Construction IT digital library.
Survey of IFC compatible software
- Goal: Compile a list of IFC compatible software.
- Description: IFC is believed to be a major step forward in the interoperability of AEC software. Find software that actually supports the standard today, find Web sites that maintain this. Evaluate what parts of the design process (e.g. matching to the process protocol matrix) are covered.
- Literature: Web.