Žiga Turk - CV
Born in Ljubljana, 1962.
- 1986 graduates at Univ. of Ljubljana, Dept. of Civil Engineering.
- 1989 receives master of science degree at Univ. of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrotechnics and Computer Science Computer Science Department with thesis Classes of Objects for the Modelling in Construction.
- 1992 defends his Ph.D. thesis Environment for the Computer Integrated Design of Structures at University of Ljubljana, Dept. of Civil Engineering.
- 1986-1989 Assistant Research Engineer, Univ. of Ljubljana, Institute of Structural and Earthquake Engineering and Building Informatics (IKPIR).
- 1989-1993 Assistant in Computer Science and CAAD, Univ. of Ljubljana, Department of Architecture.
- 1993-1998 Assistant Professor (for Computer Science and CAAD, Univ. of Ljubljana, Department of Architecture).
- 1997-1999: Visiting lecturer, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 1998-2004: Associate Professor for information technology and documentation, Univ. of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering.
- 2001-present: Visiting Professor, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey.
- 2002-present: Head of the Chair of construction informatics, University of Ljubljana.
- 2004-present: Professor for information technology and documentation, Univ. of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering.
Co-editor: Electronic Journal of Information Technology in Construction. Co-Chair CIB-W78 computer integrated construction, member IABSE WC6, vice-chair EAPPM, etc. Member of editorial boards and scientific committees of several journals and conferences.
Computer integrated construction, EDM systems, groupware, engineering information systems, engineering databases, computerised representation of engineering standards, object-oriented and logic programming in civil engineering, conceptual modelling, design communication, Internet, Web etc.
1984 founding editor of the first Yugoslav magazine on microcomputers "Moj mikro" (1984-1987).
Wrote two books (in Slovene) on C and C++ languages.
Over 170 entries in an on-line archive. Please follow any of these links:
- recent works
- use free text search to find works
- browse works according to their topic
- browse works accoding to a national and University classification scheme
- 1993: One of the first three construction/civil engineering servers world wide.
- 1993: 2nd Web server in Slovenia
- Webmaster of the faculty server Audrey.
- ICARIS system and several (since 1994) mailing lists, including support for the CIB-W78.
- Since 1993 (Gopher) and 1994 (WWW) Virtual Software Library that grew into shareware.com.
- Electronic Journal of Information Technology in Construction (since 1995).
- Web support for the workshop Construction on the Information Highway (1996).
- National construction information system TIGRA.
- European Masonry Database with Roko Zarnic (1996).
- Web servers of the Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering.
- SCENIC Research Database (1997).
- EASY Earthquake Slide Information System with Matej Fischinger and Tomo Cerovsek (1997).
- CUMINCAD - Cumulative Index of CAD - with Bob Martens, TUV, (since 1998).
- software.forAEC and CONNET Slovenia - mostly developed by PhD student Tomo Cerovsek (1999-2001).
- Some Perl stuff including a Web Oriented Database WODA (the swiss army knife we use for Web development).
- www.ddatabase.com - databases made simple.
- www.rent-a-db.com - databases made trivial (2000).
- ISTforCE project website (2000-2002) and core services for the ISTforCE platform (with Tomo Cerovšek).
- 2002.ECPPM conference website (2001-2002).
- SciX project website (2002-2004).
- Ziga Turk's own domain (2002).
- InteliGrid (2004-2007, European, FP6). Coordinator.
- DataMiningGrid (2004-2006, European, FP6).
- reUse (2004-2006, European, eContents).
- Connie (2005-2006, European, eContents).
- eConstruction (2004-2008, National).
- SciX (2002-2004, European FP5). Coordinator.
- ProdAEC (2002-2004, European FP5 ).
- ICCI (2002-2004, European FP5 ).
- ITC-Euromaster (2001-2003, European - Erasmus).
- FP5 project ISTforCE. Developed core infromation services.
- DG-XIII projects CONNET and I-SEEC
- FP4 project ToCEE. My ToCEE files are here.
- Cobra national research project.
- Kondor national research project.
- MOPO (with Sweden and Finland) with some of my mopo data.